Snow Day!

Yesterday was the first (and most likely only) snow day of the 2011-2012 winter season. We knew it was coming. Tuesday night, there was ice pellets, rain and wind. I will take snow over ice and freezing rain any day. I got up about 5:30 a.m. and looked out to see the plow go by one side of the house (we live on a corner), the bank appeared to be 3 feet tall. I pulled out the tablet and checked for school closings. The districts closest to my work were all closed, I scrolled up and was shocked to find that my kids school district was also closed (this is the first time in over 10 years). I called our office manager. It was going to be a snow day.

I helped DH get out of the driveway and on his way to catch the train to DT. He made it no problem. The snow was HEAVY! DH and I got most of it cleared up before he left. I started to think about my day. The kiddos and I made soft pretzels (Alton Brown’s recipe) packed for our upcoming road trip (our clothes are ALL packed) and did laundry.

Sometime during the mid-afternoon, someone (I don’t know who) came and plowed the heavy bank at the end of the driveway. God Bless whoever did this! About 3:30 the kiddos and I headed out with treats in hand. We headed to the hospital with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were. Baby B was born at 11:58 p.m. on Monday. Baby B, Mom and Dad are all doing well. Anyway, we thought we would bring some treats to M&M.

After that, we headed to Goodwill. I ended up getting a foot spa, 2 more ice cream dishes (I am on a quest!) and a new purse. I love thrift stores! I am on the look out for a grinder for making chum while we are in FL.

The kids and I headed home. Once home, J from across the street stopped in to see if Kiddo 1 could play in about an hour. I said he could IF he cleaned his room. With that we headed inside and promptly sent the kiddos up to their rooms to put away laundry and clean. About 20 minutes later I busted Kiddo 1 playing with Legos instead of cleaning. I told him he could no longer go out and play with J. After 1 hour of crying, he told me that the punishment was “horrible.” I held my ground. Finally he calmed down and changed his attitude. He even vacuumed his room without me having to ask him to. 🙂

All in all it was a long day, but a good one.

About carrie

I am a mother of two, wife and professional. I work; I sew; I do crafts; I cook; I support my family; I race; I live. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Migraine Headaches and I refuse to let them control my life. I live my life to the fullest and try to find ways to enjoy it as much as possible. I am living with a plethora of food sensitivities. But I am living life. I am enjoying life.
This entry was posted in Family, Kids, Thrift store shopping and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *